Thursday, December 4, 2014

Day 4: Alligator Christmas Collection

Day 4 of the CMC: Today, my friends, I bring you The Alligator Christmas Collection, a compendium of Alligator Records’ greatest artists in the holiday mood.  This delicious serving of blues Christmas tunes first came to my attention on the PA system at the old Tower Records in D.C. I heard Koko Taylor's voice and went straight to the clerk to find out where I could get my own copy.

Fabulous blues talent – Taylor, Kenny Neal, Charles Brown and others – and rockin’ tunes like Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin’, Deck the Halls with Boogie Woogie and Christmas on the Bayou, will make you want to slam back some eggnog and get down. A great contrast to the saccharine fare that appears so often this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment